tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: AW: IOException while loading persisted sessions / java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 14:49:26 GMT
Stefan Rainer wrote:
> Hello Andre,
>
> thank you very much for your comments.
>
> We've modified the java heap memory configuration and will observe the
> system. Is there any possibiliy in Tomcat 5.0.28 to turn off
> session-persistence? I would like to avoid the creation of
> [catalina-home]\work\.... . We don't use persistant sessions in our
> applications.

I don't really know.  But I think that [catalina-home]\work\ may contain
more things than just session storage (compiled classes maybe), so you
may not really be able to get rid of it as such.

If you want to monitor your Tomcat's memory usage more finely, the
"jconsole" program (part of the Java JDK) provides a nice graphical way
to examine the memory usage in real-time.
Information here :
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/share/jconsole.html