tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl>
Subject Re: j_security_check-behaviour - looking for workaround
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 14:16:55 GMT
Gregor Schneider wrote:
> - the bad news: Since SecurityFilter does not support SingleSignOn,
> looks that I'm not able to use it without adapting the code.
>
> Another thought: Might a customized JAAS-implementation be a solution?
>
> Since I haven't been dealing with JAAS yet - does anybody know a good
> starting-point?

JAAS will not help. It's just another AA mechanism.
When using J2EE AA mechanism, your webapp simply will not receive any
unathorized requests. So no custom filter will help. You can try to use
securityfilter (and deal with AA on your (or securityfilter's) own), or
implement tomcat-specific solution using Valves.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <miki@ceti.pl>