tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Resin to Tomcat migration(context name is null)
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 12:44:50 GMT
Abhi wrote:
> This is an issue with the way getServletContextName() is implemented in
> Resin and Tomcat. In Tomcat this returns the display-name of the application
> where as in Resin it returns the URL prefix for the servlet context. Once I
> added a display name to my web application I am getting the context name in
> Tomcat.
>
> What I actually want is the URL prefix for the servlet context. The method
> to access this would be httpServletRequest.getContextPath(). But I want to
> access this in a filter.

And is there any reason why you cannot ?
I have this in a filter :

public void doFilter(ServletRequest req, ServletResponse resp,
	   FilterChain chain) throws IOException, ServletException {

   HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest) req;
   StringBuffer callURL = request.getRequestURL();

}
(and I suppose you can also call request.getContextPath())

> Does anybody know a container independent way to do this?
As far as I know, the above should be.