tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Rooz" <>
Subject RE: ssl - JioEndpoint, JSSESocketFactory & Truststore
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2008 12:43:05 GMT
I ned a way of refreshing the Tomcat trust store without restarting Tomcat.

I've tried another approach:

JioEndpoint initializes its ServerSocket from the JSSESocketFactory created
at startup.  From this point onwards the JSSESocketFactory (containining the
trust store) is never re-initialized.  Would it be safe, to reinitialize the
JSSESocketFactory from within the JIOEndpoint Acceptor run loop?  Currently
I do this by calling the destroy() method followed by the start() method.
This seems to work, but again I'm concerned about undesireable side
effects.  I'd appreciate any comment on this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Rooz []
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 1:29 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: ssl

I agree that in general this would be the preferable way of working with

the trust store however using self signed certificates streamlines much

better with my application and therefore my preference at this point is

to find a proper way of refreshing the trust store in the

I'm still looking for a solution to this...