tomcat-users mailing list archives

From nodje <nodje...@gmail.com>
Subject Deploy WAR on ROOT without losing Manager application
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 04:59:14 GMT

We need tp have our application accessed from the Root context /.
So we usually delete the ROOT.war and rename our application to ROOT.war.
This works well of course but we lose the benefit of using the Tomcat
manager.

What would be the best way to obtain that?

I don't understand Virtual Host usage yet, but I suspect it could be a way
to keep both applications accessible from the root context, on two different
host name.

cheers