tomcat-users mailing list archives

From satya mahapatra <>
Subject HTTP Status 404
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2008 14:24:52 GMT

I have created sample web application using MyEclipse6.5. There is just one
welcome page is there. When I am giving the Context path I am expecting the
welcome page should be displayed. The entry in the web.xml file is as

The web.xml file is inside \WebRoot\WEB-INF\web.xml. According to this I
have modified the context.xml inside Tomcat 6.0\conf as below.

But still its not able to pick the web.xml and thats why showing 404 error.
Any idea where else I need to change?

But when I removed the WebRoot folder and only kept the WEB-INF folder
directly inside the context path then its working fine.

Is there any way to customize the directory structure of the web application
and please let me know where i am going wrong.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message