tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ped <peter.dona...@virtualcomputer.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat thread pool question
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 18:33:23 GMT

>The Tomcat thread pool is finite; we'll call the maxThread value T.
Likewise, the db connection pool is finite, and we'll call its size D.  The
client makes some number of requests that are not committed, which we'll
label R.  Anytime R > T + D, you're stuck.

Yes - that's my understanding of the problem. But as I change D (my db
connection pool size) and R, Tomcat's maxThread value (T) seems to be very
small (1 or 2). That surprised me, and led me to think something else was
going on here.