tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: What exactly happens when I configure a different host
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 21:42:57 GMT
> From: Anand HS [mailto:anandhs@gmail.com]
> Subject: What exactly happens when I configure a different host
>
> I noticed a strange behavior when I tried to configure a
> virtual host by changing the Host Name in server.xml from
> the default "localhost" to "mydomain.com".

If that's all you did, then you have an invalid configuration, and all bets are off.  There
must be one <Host> with a name attribute that matches the defaultHost attribute of the
enclosing <Engine> element.

Note that if you have only one <Host>, its name is unimportant other than it must be
the same as the defaultHost setting.

 - Chuck