tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: IOException while loading persisted sessions / java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 15:45:20 GMT
> From: Stefan Rainer [mailto:s.rainer@teamaxess.com]
> Subject: AW: IOException while loading persisted sessions /
>
> Is there any possibiliy in Tomcat 5.0.28 to turn off
> session-persistence?

First, you should be aware that 5.0.28 is no longer supported.

In 5.5 and more recent versions, look at the pathname attribute for the <Manager> element:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/manager.html

(I think that existed in 5.0 as well, but you'll need to check the doc that came with that
version of Tomcat.)

A <Manager> element may be nested inside a <Context>; if you place it inside the
global <Context> element (in conf/context.xml in 5.5 and above), you can disable sessions
persistence for all of your webapps with one configuration change.

 - Chuck