tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Smith" <d...@javabeat.co.uk>
Subject Tomcat caching of static resources?
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:46:42 GMT
Hi all, is it possible to cache static images and .js files in Tomcat? (I'm
using version 6). When i look at the browser cache it looks like the browser
is downloading all page assets for every call, including some very large .js
files. I've come across a link which may be the same issue but the solution
didn't resolve the problem (especially if deploying via war files) and i
cant believe there isn't a standard Tomcat configuration for this?
http://www.symphonious.net/2007/06/19/caching-in-tomcat/

Thanks in advance.

Dave