tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andre Rubin" <andre.ru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: security-constraint outside web.xml
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 01:23:29 GMT
Thanks Chuck but SecurityFilter does exactly the opposite of what I want:

"Security Filter is intended to be packaged within your web app,
including your realm implementation and supporting classes. This
allows you to deploy your app as a single, deployable unit (war file
or expanded war directory structure) with no additional configuration
of the server environment."

I want to manage security completely outside my app (outside the war
file), not just outside web.xml. Maybe I wasn't clear enough on that
regard.

Andre