tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ahmed Hammad" <>
Subject SSI Filter does not work with JSP
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 21:04:29 GMT

I am using Tomcat 6.0.18 with java version "1.5.0_09" on Windows XP, here is
my problem.

I want to configure SSI to work with JSP files. I followed instructions at:
I am able to run SSI Servlet on JSP files, but in this case the java code
inside JSP will not be executed, just displayed as it is. When I configure
SSI Filter, the java code is executed but the SSI directive is not evaluated
without giving any error or hint in the Tomcat log files.

I am not using Apache server, just Tomcat. I need JSP with SSI for legacy

Here is my test page:
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html;"%>

String text = "This is from java code";
<!--#include virtual="" -->
This is page body.

Here is my /META-INF/context.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context antiResourceLocking="false" privileged="true" />

and here is my /WEB-INF/web.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns:xsi="" xmlns="" xmlns:web="" xsi:schemaLocation="" id="WebApp_ID"

I am attaching a sample web application that show the problem.

I greatly appreciate your support.

View raw message