tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Strauß <t.stra...@srs-management.de>
Subject AW: Issues with Tomcat 5.5.25, isapi_redirect2.dll, IIS6, load balancer setup
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 13:49:54 GMT
Hi all,

I have an issue with the isapi_redirect2 setup. I would like to drive the redirector with
load balancing. Is it required to have a tomcat cluster for this setup?

I have now embedded my workers2.properties.

The issue I see is, that as soon as I add a group=lb to anything the EventLog exposes "[jk_isapi_plugin.c
(496)]: HttpExtensionProc worker is NULL" warning and the request is not forwarded to Tomcat.

I am using redirect dll from the  jk2.0.4-win32-IIS binary distribution.

ANY ideas?

The logfiles / eventlog do not expose anything unusual up to the point "... is NULL" mentioned
above.

With kind regards,

Thomas Strauß

[logger.win32]
level=DEBUG
ver=5

[workerEnv]
ver=2

[shm]
ver=0
info=Scoreboard. Requried for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess servers.
file=${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.shm
size=1000000
debug=10
disabled=0

# Defines a load balancer named lb. Use even if you only have one machine.
[lb:ldb]
ver=3
debug=10

# Example socket channel, override port and host.
[channel.socket:213.188.106.35:18009]
ver=5
port=18009
host=213.188.106.35
tomcatId=213.188.106.35:18009
graceful=0
debug=10
group=ldb

# define the worker
[ajp13:213.188.106.35:18009]
ver=2
channel=channel.socket:213.188.106.35:18009
debug=10
group=ldb

# Example socket channel, override port and host.
[channel.socket:213.188.106.35_2:9009]
ver=5
port=9009
host=213.188.106.35
tomcatId=213.188.106.35:9009
graceful=0
debug=10
group=ldb

[ajp13:213.188.106.35_2:9009]
ver=3
debug=10
channel=channel.socket:213.188.106.35_2:9009
group=ldb

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
[uri:/axis]
ver=1
group=ldb
debug=10

[uri:/axis/*]
ver=2
group=ldb

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
[uri:/generic25ASH]
ver=0
#group=ldb

[uri:/probe/*]
ver=0
#group=ldb

[uri:/generic25ASH/*]
ver=0
#group=ldb

[uri:/examples/*]
ver=0
#group=ldb

[status:]
ver=0
info=Status worker, displays runtime information

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
ver=0
info=The Tomcat /jkstatus handler
group=status: