tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Where does it find them ?
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2008 14:44:29 GMT

Andre

This is the reason why god made laptops so you can try your <TC>configuration on your
own working computer
before touching anything from your client..gettin the config to work on your laptop is what
a client needs to see and hear

the sysadmin in charge of XYZ machine should have the responsibility of
a)performing any clean up including removing work folders during a TC cycle
b)make sure there are backups of the entire good TC distro (all of $CATALINA_HOME%)
before any config changes as well as ensuring configurations such as JRE_HOME written down
*usually in readme.txt*

The work folders belong to Tomcat so by
rm -rf $CATALINA_HOME/work
you can rest assured any residual legacy TC files would be cleaned
Also make sure there are NO legacy *.war in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps lingering about that might
re-deploy

Just as a carpenter measures twice before cutting think twice and ask these questions before
using rm -rf
1)did I make a backup to an acessible location?
2)do I need to remove all of these files?

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission.

> Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 00:06:02 +0100
> From: aw@ice-sa.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Where does it find them ?
>
> Martin Gainty wrote:
> > Hi Andre
> >
> > did you try to clean all folders below $TOMCAT_HOME/work, make sure the wars are
not located in webapps (and recycle TC)