tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Mercer" <r.mer...@magnushealth.com>
Subject Custom Error Messages (5xx and 4xx)
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 21:31:05 GMT
Hey all,

                I'm trying to setup custom error messages in Tomcat
6.0.14. I've got the following entry in web.xml:

<!-- Error configuration  -->

      <error-page>

            <error-code>404</error-code>

            <location>/error_pages/404.jsf</location>

      </error-page>

      <error-page>

            <error-code>500</error-code>

            <location>/error_pages/500.jsf</location>

      </error-page>

And I've got a much less scary set of pages setup but I was wondering if
there was a way to get the stack trace and error message information to
shoot to the support team if the user clicked an "email the support team
about this error message."  Any ideas on how I'd go about that?

Additionally, is there a way to setup a 5xx page? Just a page that
handled all 500 pages? Like a web.xml shorthand?

Thanks ahead of time!

Rob M