tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kees Jan Koster <kjkos...@kjkoster.org>
Subject Re: Request Logging in Tomcat 6
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:41:04 GMT
Dear Raphael,

> I've been working with performance measurements of web services and
> I've
> faced this problem. For each request to my system (running in a
> tomcat 6) I
> need to log these information:
>

> Received Bytes (request content length)
> Served Bytes (response content length)
> Response Time (the time taken by the server to process the request)
>

> CPU Time (optional)
>
> I/O Time (optional)
>
> URI
> Cookies(the value of some specific cookies)
> Request Content Data

If you need this much detail, best write your own servlet filter and
log it yourself.

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/05/10/servlet_filters.html

CPU and I/O times are tricky. If you get that to work, let me know. :-)

--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
kjkoster@kjkoster.org
06-51838192

Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe
so full of wonders,
they have managed to invent boredom. Quite astonishing... -- Terry
Partchett