tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Andreas.H...@comit.ch>
Subject HowTo update tomcat-users.xml without restarting tomcat
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:39:34 GMT
Hello everybody,

I need to update the tomcat-users.xml quite often in a productive environment. Therefore it
would be nice to have a possibility to update the file without the need for restarting tomcat.

I tried to define the resource UserDatabase as reloadable but that didn't work out.
Also I checked the possibilities of the tomcat manager but all the reload functions there
seem to relate only to the webapps and not to the configuration of tomcat itself.

Any hints what I could try next?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas