tomcat-users mailing list archives

From removeps-gro...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: Setup Logging for Tomcat 6
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:23:18 GMT
To setup log4j, here's what I did.

Copy the log4j jar file to WEB-INF/lib.  Put it in ${catalina.home}/lib if you want all webapps
to be able to see this file.

Create a log4j.properties.  Initially this file was in WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties.
Now I have the file in WEB-INF/lib/myjarfile.jar!log4j.properties (that is, at the root level
of the jar file).

That's it, if I remember correctly.

When the properties file specifies a relative filename, it appears to be relative to ${catalina.home},
so specify for example "logs/myfile.log".