tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Litton, Tom - CEPM" <Tom.Lit...@cepm-us.com>
Subject Re: All threads (200) are currently busy
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2008 01:43:33 GMT
If you do a kill -3 on the process it will dump the stack trace to the
standard output stream.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 31, 2008, at 7:23 PM, "AD" <straightflush@gmail.com> wrote:

> Fair enough
>
> Tomcat 5.5, JVM 1.6, Redhat Enterprise 5, 8Gb Mem, 5Gb Heap.
>
> What is the best way to take a thread dump to see what processes are
> waiting?  We have a few web apps deployed and it has proven tricky
> for me to
> narrow this down.  We ran some load tests and encountered these
> issues.
>
> Whats the best way to get the thread dump and find out what process
> is hung
> in the webapp ?
>
> Thx
> Adam
>
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <
> Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
>
>>> From: AD [mailto:straightflush@gmail.com]
>>> Subject: All threads (200) are currently busy
>>
>> First, you need to provide some environmental information: Tomcat
>> version,
>> OS, JVM version, etc.
>>
>>> I am trying to find out after doing some load testing why
>>> tomcat is getting hung up on some threads.
>>
>> Put the blame where it belongs: you webapp is getting hung up, not
>> Tomcat.
>>
>> Take a thread dump and see where the threads are stuck.
>>
>> - Chuck
>>

>> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE
>> PROPRIETARY
>> MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you
>> received
>> this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and
>> its
>> attachments from all computers.

The information contained in this transmission is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the designated recipients named
herein.  If the reader of this transmission is not the intended
transmission in error, and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender and return and delete the original transmission immediately.
Thank you.