tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Manager app language
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2008 14:17:04 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>> Subject: Re: Manager app language
>>
>> Personally, I don't see anything in there that looks like it
>> is setting the global JVM user.language property.
>
> So what was the basis of your previous statement that the JSP is doing that?  As you
noted, there's nothing in it now reflecting that behavior other than the comment.

The basis was that when I explained what to the developer of that app
what was happening to the Manager, along with your comment that an
application's init() could change the global user.language before the
Manager got a look at it, he said "Oops !, I think I do that by default".
So, the version that you saw may not have it anymore, but it is possible
that the developer (who is German) changed it in the meantime; or it is
possible that the developer was wrong and that his app did not do that
in the first place.  I will find out tomorrow when I talk to him.

There is still the possibility that another application is doing it.
There are still other apps that are launched there, two of which we do
not have the source.  What I still don't know, is where these apps (any
app for that matter, even the Manager) would have picked up German,
rather than any other language.