tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: HowTo update tomcat-users.xml without restarting tomcat
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 19:16:52 GMT wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I need to update the tomcat-users.xml quite often in a productive environment. Therefore
it would be nice to have a possibility to update the file without the need for restarting
> I tried to define the resource UserDatabase as reloadable but that didn't work out.
> Also I checked the possibilities of the tomcat manager but all the reload functions there
seem to relate only to the webapps and not to the configuration of tomcat itself.
> Any hints what I could try next?

Every operation is exposed through JMX and you can even save your changes
out to tomcat-users.xml

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: