tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Manager app language
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 20:02:10 GMT
Michael Ludwig wrote:
> André Warnier schrieb am 25.11.2008 um 16:55:51 (+0100):
>> Apparently since today, the Manager app (accessed through
>> /manager/html) responds with its main page in German.
>
> Ist doch schön!
>
>> - the Tomcat startup script sets LC_CTYPE to the same value prior to
>
> LC_MESSAGES or LC_ALL would be the ones to look out for. LC_CTYPE is for
> character classification.
>
> Watch out for LANG, which overrides everything else.
>
>> But where the h.. does Tomcat or the Manager figure that it needs to
>> send the "application list" main page in German ?
>
> Don't complain about user-friendliness :-)

I told Chuck already (but not the list) that this morning it is back to
English, and all attempts to display the Manager page again in German fail.
Not only from my workstation and my 3 browsers, also on the workstation
of another colleague who, like me, saw it in German yesterday for the
first time.
Wie nennt man gremlins in Deutsch ?