tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: HELP!!! java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError running CXF-based client in Tomcat
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:41:01 GMT
Thank you Larry!!!!!!!!!!!

That was it! I was barking up the wrong tree. The class that couldn't be
loaded was indeed the "MyClient" class, which existed in a Utility Jar
that I had not made a Java EE Module Dependency.

D'Oh!

Steve

Larry Isaacs wrote:
> Be aware that in Eclipse WTP, your web project is "published" to the server to be served.
Jars that are added to the project as runtime dependencies will be copied to the "WEB-INF/lib"
of the "published" webapp.  Just adding a jar to the build path of the web project DOES NOT
add the jar as a runtime dependency. The project builds fine, but won't work at runtime due
to missing classes.  Normally, the Problems view will show warnings when this is the case.

> Assuming this is your problem, go the Java EE Module Dependencies page in the web project's
Properties dialog.  Make sure all the jars you want in "WEB-INF/lib" at runtime are checked.

> Cheers,
> Larry

a real one from tomcat.apache.org and try again, as the 3rd-party ones often break things
in subtle ways.

>>  - Chuck
>>

>> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL
and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.