tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: HELP!!! java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError running CXF-based client inTomcat
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 15:36:29 GMT
Another piece of information I omitted: JDK version
java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.13 running under Ubuntu Linux.

This appears relevant to me after reading
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html - the
section entitled XML Parsers and JSE 5, although I'm not sure what to do
about it if this is the cause. This would be the first time we've tried
adding a SOAP client to this application, so it seems likely that this
is the case.

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Steve Cohen [mailto:scohen@javactivity.org]
>> Subject: HELP!!! java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError running
>> CXF-based client inTomcat
>>
>> I am beginning to think the problem is not a missing class
>> but a class conflicting with something in Tomcat.
>>

> Highly likely.  First just look at the names of the Tomcat-supplied jars and see if any
match or are very similar to the ones you have in your webapp.  (Can't tell you which directories
to look at, since that varies with the version of Tomcat you're using, which you didn't bother
to tell us.)

> If that doesn't turn up anything, try finding a tool to scan jars and report duplicate
classes (sorry, I don't know of any specific ones, but there must be some out there).