tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Manager app language
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:55:51 GMT
Hi.
I have a strange happening in Tomcat 5.5, under Linux Debian.
Apparently since today, the Manager app (accessed through /manager/html)
responds with its main page in German.
This is bizarre, because
- it was not so before
- I have 3 browsers installed on my laptop, and with all3 I have the
same thing
- my Firefox browser speaks English to me and, as per capture by
LiveHttpHeaders plugin, is sending the request to the Manager as follows :

GET /manager/html/list HTTP/1.1

- to my knowledge, we have never installed anything on that system
specifying German as the language
- the system default locale is en_US_iso8859-15
- the Tomcat startup script sets LC_CTYPE to the same value prior to
calling Tomcat (this is due to a badly-behaved webapp which does not
work correctly otherwise)
- I can find nowhere in Tomcat's configuration files, or in the Manager
webapp setup, a parameter that would indicate German as a language
- Tomcat's help pages are in English, even the Manager's help pages are
English

About the only thing I can think of that connects to the German language
is the fact that the host itself is geographically located in Germany.

But where the h.. does Tomcat or the Manager figure that it needs to
send the "application list" main page in German ?
Where could this be coming from ?

Is there some system property file that I should be looking at ?

Thanks