tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Where does it find them ?
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 23:06:02 GMT
Martin Gainty wrote:
> Hi Andre
>
> did you try to clean all folders below $TOMCAT_HOME/work, make sure the wars are not
located in webapps (and recycle TC)
> ?

Martin, Chuck,

No, I did not do that, because I did not know I had to, and since this
is a customer's Tomcat and not mine, I didn't want to risk anything that
might make the sysadmin unhappy.  He lent me root access and trusts me,
I would not want to lose that.

Now, when you both say "cleanup", you mean "delete", like in "rm", right ?
These apps did not come in a war, so what if I wanted to re-install them
later ? Can I just then re-copy the stuff in /webapps, where it came
from, or do I also need to keep copies of what I am going to delete from
/work and /catalina/.. ?