tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How to prevent Tomcat redirect my request
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:24:30 GMT
jim ma wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 6:48 PM, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:
>
>> Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:

>>> Why is it a problem for you to use http://localhost:8080/foo/ URL?
>>>
>>>  I agree with the above, but in case it is not an option, you may want to
>> look at something like this :
>>
>> http://www.tuckey.org/urlrewrite/
>>
>> It does many more things, but I guess it can rewrite "/foo" into "/foo/"
>> internally too.
>>

>  I  just debugged the code. It returns http status code 302 and redirected
> location  http://localhost:8080/foo/ before reach the code related to url
> rewrite configuration in web.xml .

Yes, that's true of course. Stupid me.
Urlrewrite is a servlet filter, so it will not see the request before it
has been directed to the webapp, and thus the redirect will happen before.
Duh.
I guess you would need some kind of re-directing Valve for that.

Now, about what Mikolaj wrote before (using the /foo/ URL) I think you
misunderstand what he is saying.
What he meant is probably this :
You seem to be using a http client that is not a browser, but some kind
of program or module.  Can you not make sure that this program or module
does not send URLs like "/foo", but itself transforms them into "/foo/"
at the source ?