tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Servlets / JSP can't connect to MySQL in Ubuntu Server
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:14:53 GMT
Krapacs Ambrose wrote:
[...]
> I have to say that I do not think Tomcat is doing the right thing in
> this particular situation. There should be some sort of security
> exception being thrown indicating that the socket connection was being
> block by tomcat's security manager.

Indeed. I was a bit surprised also that this turned out to be the
problem, because it seems to me that when I had similar issues in the
past (due to the security manager), the exception in the logfile did say
clearly that it was due to a permission problem.
But your own logfile did not.
Maybe the JDBC driver is catching the original exception and showing it
as something else ? (I don't know this stuff enough to be sure of that,
but I imagine it's possible).