tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to "hide" tomcat resource from outside?
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:21:09 GMT
espinchi wrote:

> Christopher Schultz-2 wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to "hide" an url pattern on the outside, but have it
>>> available when accessing from the server machine?
>> There are ways to do this, but the best way depends on what you want to
>> actually happen when someone requests a URL from /admin. So, let me know
>> and I'll make a recommendation.
>>

> I would like to serve an ordinary 404 error. To the external user, that
> pattern should behave as if it didn't exist.
>
> I think that can be achieved in Tomcat, but I can't find how :(

I'm beginning to sound as if I had a sales commission on that module,
but I really like it..
Also, there might be a better method, but what I'm thinking of would be
based on this module :

http://www.tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

You can test "from where" the request is coming, and in case it is not
"from inside", re-direct it to some standard html page that you would
create on your server, and would look like a 404 response.
I mean that it would not actually be a 404 response (it would be a
normal 200 OK response), but the content of the page would be "sorry,
this URL could not be found".