tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: How to access JSP and Servlet remotely ?
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:55:31 GMT
Ok... then I misread your post.  Sorry about that.

Describe failed.  Do you get a 404 page not found, a 500 server error,
some pretty browser message about not finding the server?

Windows XP SP2 and SP3 have the firewall enabled by default.  If the
server is one of those OS's, you'll have to add an exception for port
8080 to allow client computers access.

--David