tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: How to access JSP and Servlet remotely ?
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:05:18 GMT
deathgod86 wrote:
> I have installed Tomcat 6 in my personal computer (Win XP).
> However, I want this computer to act as server and I am accessing the JSP
> and Servlet placed on this computer remotely (access JSP and Servlet from
> another computer).
> Remote computer connect to this Tomcat computer via private network.
> Tomcat computer ip :
> Remote computer ip :
> I had tried accessing the JSP and Servlet on the Tomcat computer
> ( and it is successful. (http://localhost:8080/myfile.jsp)
> So, my question is:
> How do I configure so that I can access the JSP and Servlet from another
> computer ?
> (Means using access JSP and Servlet file on
> I had tried and it failed.

How does it fail ? What do you mean exactly ?

Do you mean that when you start a browser on "remote computer" (the one
with the ip address, and asking for
"" you get an error page in the
browser ? what does the error page then tell you ?

> *Please be note that, the computer installed tomcat is not a server, is just
> a normal pc.
That should not matter in this case.
Except if the Windows Firewall is active on this XP computer and does
not allow connections on port 8080 of course..

> Thx in advance.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: