tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How to access JSP and Servlet remotely ?
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:05:18 GMT
deathgod86 wrote:
> I have installed Tomcat 6 in my personal computer (Win XP).
> However, I want this computer to act as server and I am accessing the JSP
> and Servlet placed on this computer remotely (access JSP and Servlet from
> another computer).
>
> Remote computer connect to this Tomcat computer via private network.
> Tomcat computer ip : 192.168.1.1
> Remote computer ip : 192.168.1.22
>
> I had tried accessing the JSP and Servlet on the Tomcat computer
> (192.168.1.1) and it is successful. (http://localhost:8080/myfile.jsp)
>
> So, my question is:
> How do I configure so that I can access the JSP and Servlet from another
> computer ?
> (Means using 192.168.1.22 access JSP and Servlet file on 192.168.1.1)
>
> I had tried http://192.168.1.1:8080/myfile.jsp and it failed.

How does it fail ? What do you mean exactly ?

Do you mean that when you start a browser on "remote computer" (the one
with the ip address 192.168.1.22), and asking for
"http://192.168.1.1:8080/myfile.jsp" you get an error page in the
browser ? what does the error page then tell you ?

> *Please be note that, the computer installed tomcat is not a server, is just
> a normal pc.
That should not matter in this case.
Except if the Windows Firewall is active on this XP computer and does
not allow connections on port 8080 of course..