tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexey Ousov <aou...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuring JNDI resources
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:19:23 GMT
Hello All!
I have a simple but important question about JNDI configuration in
Tomcat 5.5. As I know, Tomcat 5.5 introduces new syntax, for example I
have the following resource:

<Resource name="jdbc/ODEdatabaseConnection" auth="Container"
scope="Shareable"
  factory="org.apache.naming.factory.BeanFactory"
  type="org.firebirdsql.pool.FBConnectionPoolDataSource"
  userName="***" password="***"
  database="M:\Lib\__Data\firebird\TE-FULL.gdb" pooling="false"/>

Everything is fine, except I need to pass another one property to
FBConnectionPoolDataSource, and unfortunately this property is named
"setType(String)", but I cannot have two attributes named "type" in one
element. While using old syntax with <ResourceParams.../> it was
possible. Is it possible to pass "type" property with new syntax?