tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: AW: Different session timeout for local and external users
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:47:38 GMT
Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:
> Ehlers, Kolja wrote:
>> Thanks for the speedy answer to my question. Is this the only
>> possibility?
>> Since the filter will be called for each request, maybe this will slow
>> down
>> my web application
> Maybe. But not likely. Search the web for 'premature optimization' ;-)
Have a look here :

This does not have much to do with your case, but somewhere in there is
a measure of how much time this filter takes per request.  Since it is
much more complex that what you plan to do, I din't think you should worry.

The UrlRewrite filter itself, on the other hand, is a very handy tool
that may be useful to you one day.
Maybe in fact it can even do what you want, also.  It can certainly
distinguish remote IP addresses.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: