tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: AW: Different session timeout for local and external users
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:47:38 GMT
Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:
> Ehlers, Kolja wrote:
>> Thanks for the speedy answer to my question. Is this the only
>> possibility?
>> Since the filter will be called for each request, maybe this will slow
>> down
>> my web application
>>
> Maybe. But not likely. Search the web for 'premature optimization' ;-)

Have a look here :
http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

This does not have much to do with your case, but somewhere in there is
a measure of how much time this filter takes per request.  Since it is
much more complex that what you plan to do, I din't think you should worry.

The UrlRewrite filter itself, on the other hand, is a very handy tool
that may be useful to you one day.
Maybe in fact it can even do what you want, also.  It can certainly
distinguish remote IP addresses.