tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: multiple Set-Cookie headers in initial http response
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:27:21 GMT
Markus Reis wrote:
[...]
Further I found out that this happens only with an initial POST request
- if I do the same via GET only one Set-Cookie header is returned (I
wrote before that I was not able to reproduce those 900 Set-Cookie
headers on my PC, but that was due to the fact that I sent the request
as a GET - If I send the same data via a POST request I also get ~900
Set-Cookie headers, with the only difference that all of them always
contain the exactly same JSESSIONID).

> I only get those 900 Set-Cookie headers after/at the initial request; Subsequent requests
only have one cookie in http request and response header and look pretty normal.

Well, that is a lot of progress. You have already eliminated all the
client stations, the client network and the client proxy server.  That's
at least 50% of the elephant.

Is there still something between your PC and the Tomcat server, or is
your PC talking directly to the Tomcat server (no front-end server, no
proxy, nothing like that ) ?

And, how do you do this exactly, to switch between a GET request and a
POST request ?

And, can you try this in Firefox e.g., with the LiveHttpHeaders add-on,
to see exactly at the PC level which headers are being sent, and which
are being received, in each case ?