tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: Configuring tomcat to log authentication events
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:32:54 GMT
Brian Gillan schrieb:
> We're using Rational Team Concert with Tomcat and authenticating with
> LDAP.
> I want to log authentication events for users accessing RTC so we can see
> who's authenticating, and if unsuccessfully, who they're trying to
> authenticate as. Is this just a matter of configuration? I did some poking
> around the Tomcat documentation but nothing jumped out.

If you are using Tomcat 6 and JULI logging (default), add

org.apache.catalina.realm.level = FINEST
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.level = FINEST

to your $CATALINA_BASE/conf/

Be aware of the wrong "No role found" message though:

This will be fixed in 6.0.19.

We are in the process of adding features to the JNDI Realm.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message