tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Configuring tomcat to log authentication events
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:32:54 GMT
Brian Gillan schrieb:
> We're using Rational Team Concert with Tomcat and authenticating with
> LDAP.
> I want to log authentication events for users accessing RTC so we can see
> who's authenticating, and if unsuccessfully, who they're trying to
> authenticate as. Is this just a matter of configuration? I did some poking
>
> around the Tomcat documentation but nothing jumped out.

If you are using Tomcat 6 and JULI logging (default), add

org.apache.catalina.realm.level = FINEST
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.level = FINEST

to your $CATALINA_BASE/conf/logging.properties.

Be aware of the wrong "No role found" message though:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/realm/RealmBase.java?r1=645149&r2=698982&sortby=date&diff_format=h

This will be fixed in 6.0.19.

We are in the process of adding features to the JNDI Realm.

Regards,

Rainer