tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: tomcat 5.5 memory
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:11:21 GMT
Alberto Jesus La Rosa Agramonte wrote:
> The hardware only, the software is 32 bits, and the jvm too. The
> problem that it's spawning too many processes.

Alberto,
what a couple of other people on this list have already tried to tell
you - without apparently triggering any reaction from you -  is that
"too many processes" is not a very precise or helpful expression.
Too many compared to what ?  Compared to what you are expecting ?
compared to the number of requests your server is supposed to process ?
compared to the "maxThreads" attribute of the <Connector> element in
your server.xml configuration file (maybe a hint here) ?

If you have many requests to process very fast, then maybe the number of
processes (or probably threads) that you are seeing is normal and
correct, and your server just does not have enough memory for what you
are trying to do. Or maybe you need more servers.  Or maybe you just
need a better application.

But you are not saying what you are trying to do, so it is hard to help you.

Maybe you would like to start again, describe your server (hardware,
software, application) and what your problem really is ?