tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Issues with Tomcat 5.5.25, isapi_redirect2.dll, IIS6, load balancer setup
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 14:26:51 GMT
Thomas Strauß schrieb:
> I have an issue with the isapi_redirect2 setup. I would like to drive
> the redirector with load balancing. Is it required to have a tomcat
> cluster for this setup?

No, but you have to set jvmRoute according to the worker names for all
nodes in your Tomcat farm. Cluster in the sense of group membership and
session replication is not necessarily needed.

Don't use isapi_redirector2 any more. It was deprecated years ago. Use
isapi_redrector (tomcat-connectors) instead.

See:

http://tomcat.apache.org/download-connectors.cgi

and

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/