tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sergio Arrighi <>
Subject Problems with external libraries
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 12:22:03 GMT

I've developed a web app which uses two jar files that have been
developed by a third party. I've developed it using eclipse IDE which
manages the server automatically. I'm now trying to deploy it on
localhost (apache tomcat 6.0.17) in a directory like this (inside webapps):

------all the .jsp, .html, images etc.
------web.xml (the one created by Eclipse)
-----------------------smsBulk (name of the pakage of my application
-------------------------------- all my .class files
-----------------------two third party .jar files

When I run the application via browser it gives me a server error
because it cannot find the classes contained into the third party .jar files

My enviromental variables for apache are:
CATALINA_HOME C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.16
and in the Path variable i've added %CATALINA_HOME%\bin

Can someone give me a hint about why the server cannot load the third
party classes??
Best regards

Sergio Arrighi
	*I.M.I.N. Holding s.r.l.*