tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mohit Anchlia" <mohitanch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blocked threads in tomcat
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2008 15:48:04 GMT
On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
<Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
>> From: emerson cargnin [mailto:echofloripa.yell@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Blocked threads in tomcat
>>
>> Below is the JConsole result, you can see that there are a lot of
>> blocked threads on there.
>>
>> Stack trace:
>> java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManag
>> er.doGetConnection(MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.java:518)
>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManag
>> er.getConnectionWithTimeout(MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager
>> .java:416)
>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod
>> (HttpMethodDirector.java:153)
>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpCli
>> ent.java:397)
>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpCli
>> ent.java:323)
>> com.yell.keywordinterpreter.client.query.KeywordInterpreterQue
>> ry.sendRequest(KeywordInterpreterQuery.java:99)
>> com.yell.keywordinterpreter.client.KeywordInterpreterClientInt
>> erface.doUCSKeywordInterpretation(KeywordInterpreterClientInte
>> rface.java:45)
>

> The above is not Tomcat code, it's code from your webapp.  (Tomcat itself does not use
httpclient.)  I would have to guess your webapp isn't properly closing outbound connections
and returning them to the pool.

>  - Chuck

Since this is happening in httpclient it's outside of this thread. But
you could also try increasing your default and max connections. Or set
your timeout value to low.