tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stig Kleppe-Jørgensen <>
Subject Relative redirect with sendRedirect(...)
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:26:26 GMT

Am I completely mistaken when thinking that an URL like "../../go/here" is
covered under the term relative?

If not, why doesn't a HttpServletResponse.sendRedirect("../../go/here")
work? As far as I can read from the servlet spec, the servlet engine _must_
resolve relative redirects before sending the redirect back to the browser.
But as far as I can tell, Tomcat does not do this. And furthermore, the
watchdog tests does not have a test for this.

Stig Kleppe-Jørgensen

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: