tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mmocnik <>
Subject Default webapp
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:15:15 GMT

I figured the following ways to configure a webapp as default/root webapp:

1. Call the war-file ROOT.war and use the default Engine/Host/Context
Probably the least invasive way...
2. Write a ROOT.xml context def and put it in the conf/[Engine]/[Host] dir
Requires that the war file is not in the default webapps folder, otherwise
it will be loaded twice
3. Add a context def to server.xml
Disencouraged by the developers (+ same problem as in 2.)

Please correct me, if I'm missing an option.

So why doesn't it work to set the path in the context def of a specific
webapp to ""?
Why is this option - according to the docs - explicitly disabled? (doesn't
give a warning though - as specifying a docBase)
It's looks like an elegant way to make a webapp the root webapp, so why
disable it?

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: