tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anupam Beri <>
Subject Session replication for JPetStore application in tomcat 6
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:55:34 GMT

Hello All ,
                       I am a newbie to the Tomcat and Tomcat clustering
environment .I was just going through some posts on this forum for reference
I wish to deploy the classic JPetStore application which comes with the
Spring framework in the clustered environment involving 2 machines for
session replication

For this, I installed Apache 2.2 , Tomcat 6.0.18 and mod_jk on each of these
machines . I configured mod_jk load balancer for sticky session and deployed
JPetStore on either of them .
But once I start tomcat and apache on either machine and try to do some
transactions , I cannot see any sessions being exchanged between the two
members of the cluster.

The JPetStore application also uses a database (hsqldb) and its necessary to
start one on either machine (it is not a shared one).

I was reading some documentation regarding if the session attributes are to
be implemented from serializable interface...but I see they already have
been in the source code .

I will be greateful if anyone could help me out and give a  good insight on
where I am going wrong ?
I have attached the server.xml , and catalina.out for the
two nodes in the attached file.
Any help is deeply appreciated !

Best Regards !!

To start a new topic, e-mail: