tomcat-users mailing list archives

From WILLIAMer <william.tz...@echannelopen.com.tw>
Subject Set application default
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 02:53:20 GMT

Hi all!
I wanna make my application as default(ROOT).
My application name is "Com" under the webapps  directory.
The application url is http://MyDomain/Com .
I want to change the url to http://MyDomain/ .

I add <Context path="" docBase="Com" reloadable="true" crossContext="true"
debug="0"/>
in server.xml.
Restart tomcat and it work.
Now this application is under Solaris machine.

Then i try the same method add one line in server.xml and restart tomcat.
But it not work.
Now this application is under Windows server 2003.

My tomcat version is 5.5.20.
The tomcat in Solaris and windows server 2003 is the same version.
Why it work with Solaris operating system but windows fail?

I dont wanna change my application name to ROOT for this purpose.