tomcat-users mailing list archives

From keeplearning <p_sodh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Thread Dumps/ Emailing Results...
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2008 17:02:09 GMT

Hi All,

I am a load test engineer and pretty new to tomcat. I would really
appreciate if someone can help me with couple of my basic questions:

1) have seen some of my colleagues using kill -3 to take the thread dumps?
So, do i need to supply process id with this command. Like: kill -3 <process
id>. Then does the output goes to catalina.out which is our log file or do i
need to do anything else? And do i need to be in specific directory to run
this command?

2) once the thread dumps are in catalina.out, how do i mail the catalina.out
as an attachment? Should something like below work? As you know it's a huge
file

mail -s "Catalina.out" ps@ps.com < catalina.out

Thanks in Advance
Parki