tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ghufran" <ghufra...@vopium.com>
Subject RE: User Request Ordering
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 06:20:47 GMT
Hi

It is obvious that you must redesign your application.

However you can try this within your current design

Put a flag in the session and that flag should tell what operation has user
performed yet.

Ghufran

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Ludwig [mailto:milu71@gmx.de]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:24 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: User Request Ordering

Clifton B. Sothoron Jr. schrieb am 24.11.2008 um 13:55:00 (-0500):

> I have a Tomcat 6.0 Web application with a number of buttons on the

> screen. Some of them execute quickly, some more slowly.  However, they

> need to execute in order. When a user clicks on a slow button and then

> clicks on a fast button Tomcat needs to wait for the results of the

> slow button before moving on to the fast executing button.

No - Tomcat is patient: the user needs to wait. Don't show him button

two until he's allowed to click it.

You coult also use Javascript to disable the button, which, of course,

requires the user not disable Javascript in his browser.

> However, this is not happening. The results of the fast button are

> disrupting the results of the slow button.  How do I configure Tomcat

> to process user requests in order?

Tomcat is the server, and the server knows everything. So Tomcat can

check whether or not it is legitimate for button X to be clicked on

behalf of user Y. This should be done regardless of whether or not you

move to one of the solutions at the UI level.

Michael Ludwig