tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <mil...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Setup Logging for Tomcat 6
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 02:03:43 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R schrieb am 24.11.2008 um 19:37:52 (-0600):
> > From: Michael Ludwig [mailto:milu71@gmx.de]
> > Subject: Re: Setup Logging for Tomcat 6
> >
> > Does the same hold true for the "shared.loader"?
>
> It holds true for *any* classloader in the hierarchy.

Thanks for this clarification.

> The shared.loader is disabled in the standard Tomcat 6
> config, as you probably know.

I didn't. I'm a Tomcat newbie. But I discovered the other day
that you can place libraries in the shared.loader by editing
"conf/catalina.properties".

I wondered why this wasn't stated more clearly in the
documentation for Tomcat 6. I only understood the issue
reading the documentation for Tomcat 5. The shared.loader
is still there in Tomcat 6, but not explained.

What's the rationale behind disabling it?

May we consider it deprecated?

Michael Ludwig