tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pieter Temmerman <ptemmerman....@sadiel.es>
Subject RE: HELP!!! java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError running CXF-based client inTomcat
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 15:24:46 GMT
One such tool is jarFinder
(http://www.isocra.com/articles/jarFinder.php)

You need Ant to build the tool.

Example:

java -cp classes com.isocra.utils.jarSearch.DirectorySearcher DIRECTORY
org.my.program.class

Another explanation could be that the wrong class loader is looking for
the class. Can you move your program .jar to /server/lib and see if it
works? (This is not a solution though).

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 09:16 -0600, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
> > From: Steve Cohen [mailto:scohen@javactivity.org]
> > Subject: HELP!!! java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError running
> > CXF-based client inTomcat
> >
> > I am beginning to think the problem is not a missing class
> > but a class conflicting with something in Tomcat.
>
> Highly likely.  First just look at the names of the Tomcat-supplied jars and see if any
match or are very similar to the ones you have in your webapp.  (Can't tell you which directories
to look at, since that varies with the version of Tomcat you're using, which you didn't bother
to tell us.)

> If that doesn't turn up anything, try finding a tool to scan jars and report duplicate
classes (sorry, I don't know of any specific ones, but there must be some out there).