tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Spinassi <martins.li...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: All threads are busy
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:31:48 GMT
On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 09:19 -0600, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
> > From: Martin Spinassi [mailto:martins.listz@gmail.com]
> > Subject: All threads are busy
> >
> > Nov 24, 2008 1:51:54 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
> > logFull
> > SEVERE: All threads (200) are currently busy, waiting. Increase
> > maxThreads (200) or check the servlet status
>
> And what does a thread dump show all the threads to be doing?  It's highly likely your
application is blocking on something critical (e.g., database connections).

>  - Chuck

Sorry, I didn't try it yet, I must learn how to do it before :)

Anyway, (coorect me if I'm wrong), but if it were application's fault, I
should get the same errors using ports 80 or 8080, and I get completely
different results.

Cheers

Martín