tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Manager app language
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2008 17:00:52 GMT
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: Manager app language
>
> Personally, I don't see anything in there that looks like it
> is setting the global JVM user.language property.

So what was the basis of your previous statement that the JSP is doing that?  As you noted,
there's nothing in it now reflecting that behavior other than the comment.

> These appear :
> en_US
> en_US.iso88591
> en_US.iso885915
> en_US.utf8

Hyphens are squeezed out when looking for a match, and case is ignored.  There also appear
to be some internal aliases used for some well-known character sets.

 - Chuck