tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Manager app language
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 01:01:24 GMT
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: Manager app language
>
> Do you really mean that one webapp can change that setting and thus
> influence other webapps that way ?

Yes - which is why you can configure a SecurityManager to restrict anti-social behavior.

> If Tomcat <Host> has autoDeploy=true, is that still valid ?

It's not autoDeploy that would affect it, but rather deployOnStartup; regardless, the init()
method of a servlet could change the value if its webapp happened to be deployed before the
manager webapp.

> > If your server's locale file was somehow unavailable
> that is unlikely

It would only have to be momentarily, at the time the JVM attempts to retrieve the settings.

> I'll have to ask the colleague tomorrow if it also resets the system's
> user.language setting.  Better, I'll try it.

Despite the name "system properties", they are not system-wide, but rather just for each JVM
independently.

 - Chuck